Friday, February 9, 2007

snow place like home

Entry snow place like home

entry Feb 9 2007, 05:29 PM
as a hardened work skiver I was most over joyed to see a nice layer of snow covering everything when I woke up on Thursday.
I had already told my boss that if it snowed I was staying put, sod spending 3 hours each way on the train when it was possible to get all my work done if I worked till late on wednesday.



So I had a day to spend pottering about on the boat, the first one ever in fact. So far since ive co-owned this boat there hasnt been one day where i could just sit in front of the fire and do sod all. I dragged a bag of wood off the roof ( not before making a few snow balls and chucking them at the dog) and lit the fire. I looked at it for a bit, then got itchy feet, I nipped outside to inspect the scenery and there was a few chimneys whispering some smoke signals but none I could understand, certainly no signals were saying, hey, pop over here for a chat and a hot cross bun...



I saw one of our brushes on the roof covered in snow, thought with all this clean snow i could clean some algae off the gunnels. a few minutes of scrubbing later, and lots of green gloop washing into the water and then I looked at myself and thought, shit the neighbours have turned me, theyve turned me into a freakish boat cleaner. I stopped right there, made a few more snow balls to chuck at the bushes in frustration and headed back inside.

I actually read a book. now anyone who knows me will realise that times are desperate when i start to read a book, especially if its not an engine mechanics manual or similar. no, this time I was into Doris Stokes. she saw dead people apparently. Im still a bit unsure about her, I think im a seeing is believing kind of person and think I need to go and find some a them there spiritualists to prove the point to me. anyone out there a spiritualist who can guide me to a good place?

I got the rope tying book out after that, theres an interesting page on how to tie a noose. Yann had pissed me off that morning with his usual morning bad temper... I know a good cure for that. It involves a decent length of non elastic rope.

No comments: